Carmen D. Caruso Law Firm Tries More Cases than Most
Carmen D. Caruso represents businesses and individuals in most any case arising in:
- a business, employment, professional, or fiduciary relationship,
- the protection of real property or intellectual property,
- sex and race employment discrimination, or
- against overreach by government at the state or federal level.
In nearly 40 years of practice, Carmen has recovered millions of dollars for clients directly and as the result of restructured business relationships achieved in the settlement of hard-fought cases. He has also won comparable defense victories.
Carmen and his team have blazed new legal trails in:
- expanding the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing in contract cases,
- expanding the application of state consumer fraud and deceptive trade practice laws,
- fighting glass ceiling discrimination against women, and
- protecting minorities from discrimination in business contracting.
The firm routinely takes on powerful interests such as Fox News and its former #1 cable TV host, a former Illinois governor, many of the largest franchising companies, and governmental units such as the United States Customs Service.
The primary practice is in Chicago, but Carmen routinely appears in state and federal courts throughout Illinois and across the country. He also represents clients in commercial arbitration, or mediation, on a national basis.